What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cortec 374...

ksauce

Well Known Member
Patron
Preface: I'm not affiliated with Cortec nor do I stand to make any money from the sale of any primer. I'm passing on some information that I came across while trying to decide what is best for my needs.

With that said, I've been scouring the internet for primer information and came across Cortec 374. It's a water based, enviornmentally friendly(non-harmful may be more appropriate) and non-toxic primer designed to work without a topcoat. Apparently all it requires is a clean surface. You can find out more about it here.

A study has been done that explores its properties. I don't know if there is any bias in the study, but it seems to have fairly balanced views on most of the products.

I'm not aware that anyone has used this primer on an RV (or any homebuilt for that matter). If someone has some experience, please share your thoughts. Or, if any of the resident chemists have thoughts or concerns, please relate those as well. So far, the only problem I forsee is that the smallest quantity I can purchase the primer in is 5 gallons.

Cheers,
Kevin

Last edited:
Back