What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Delivery times

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Just trying to get a handle on the current state of delivery times at Van's. Wondering if any of you have taken delivery of components lately and, if so, could you tell us the time between order and delivery.

I'm currently waiting on a fuselage that was ordered on December 10 -- 12 weeks ago. Apparently it still hasn't shipped and it's past the projected shipping date. Web site says 7A fuselage lag is 10 weeks.

So, since I've got nothing to do, I thought assembling a little current schedule of actual delay times would be useful for those trying to "time" things with their current subkit.

I intentionally arranged things so I'd have the winter "off" from the project and the fuselage would arrive at the beginning of spring. Major miscalculation. I forgot to factor global warming into the equation. :D

Bob,
no global warming here up state it was -25f this morning.
I miscalculated the time it would take to finish the wings on my 9 so now here I sit wating for my fuse due in at the end of march I hope
Regards
Frank K
90989 wings done

I just ordered the finishing kit, so we'll see how long it takes for that. I don't understand the 8-12 week lead times on the kits. It's not like they've had a sudden increase demand. The lead times have been nearly the same since I started this project 1.5 years ago. It takes Van's one day to put a kit together. Most businesses would hire extra people in order to fill the back-log.

Has anybody heard a good explanation for the long lead times?

Dave

quick build

I ordered my quickbuild on 7 Oct. After the order was placed, I recieved an estmated shipping date of 10 Jan. With that in mind, vacations were scheduled in Feb and March with the anticipated flurry of building activity.

Well, here it is in March, on vacation and STILL no word as to the status of the kit. :cool: I think the slow build option would have been faster (and cheaper), but at this point, all I can do is wait and keep bugging them.

Is there anyone else taking these delays for the quickbuild? It's a good thing the plane is worth the wait! :rolleyes:

Maybe I should go ahead and order the finish kit.....

Hwood

waiting

Got a call from Van's this afternoon. The kit has been released to shipping and it should be here by the end of the month. :D

Guess all it took was a post to the forum.. Thanks Doug

Hwood

Back