What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting a built interior.

Tram

Well Known Member
Well, the "next" change in the list of things we are changing on our -6 is to go from tan painted interior to a dark gray, with new Classic Aero seats to match.

I just thought I'd post and see if anyone had any tips for painting the interior, just in case there was something I may not have thought of.

Anyone done this and have any quick helpful tips?

Thanks

Paint small areas at a time and take as many of the pieces out as you can for painting.
It is actually easier and will yield better results than trying to do it all at once.
It does take a little longer, though.
Good luck.

I've had GREAT luck with rattle cans! (Home Depot - Rustoleum - Light Machinery Gray)

There, I canceled out Larry....;)

Sorry Paul, I too used rattle cans, and I am with Larry!

I am also trying to figure out just how much work it'll be to repaint my interior. Right now I am planning on lots of masking tape and plastic. I bought some stuff that supposedly eliminates brush strokes and may attempt to brush the interior. Changing the color might be a bigger job than I imagine. Mine is currently white. Bad idea!. Lot's of smudge marks.

Thanks guys.. :)

I'll post up some pics when I start working on it.. First order of business is to paint the glare shield...

Back