What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

main squeeze

jany77

Well Known Member
hi guys i have guestion about main squeeze from cleveland ,after my empenage is done and i start work on wings i upgrade my tools for main squeeze from cleveland ,i dont know maybe i do something wrong ,but when i try set rivet the distance between rivet set seems to bve litlle bit more then actual rivet lenght after setiing ,what happen when i squeeze the rivet the handles has tendency open them self any idea about what im doing wrong thanks

jany77 said:
hi guys i have guestion about main squeeze from cleveland ,after my empenage is done and i start work on wings i upgrade my tools for main squeeze from cleveland ,i dont know maybe i do something wrong ,but when i try set rivet the distance between rivet set seems to bve litlle bit more then actual rivet lenght after setiing ,what happen when i squeeze the rivet the handles has tendency open them self any idea about what im doing wrong thanks

You're not doing anything wrong. Mine does the same thing. Look at the yoke the next time you squeeze a rivet...you'll notice that it flexes a little bit. That's all that's happening, I think. The yoke is acting like a big spring.

thanks i did not knew that since iv done all empenage with rivet gun and bucking bar it really suprise me thanks

I married my main squeeze about 12 years ago - been squeezin' her ever since. I think she likes it, I know I do. :D :D :D

Back