What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crossflow

cjensen

Well Known Member
okay, i know there has been some rather interesting discussion here about crossflow in the past...but, they did have a booth at SNF, so i wandered in to talk to them and found a great display, and very knowledgable reps to talk to. the literature i picked up was in great order, and their new production facility is a nice new home for them. their website has some great info and has many pictures of airplanes currently being worked on or flown with one variety or another of crossflow engines.

i know i will be contaced off line by at least one, maybe two of you, but i was, honestly, pretty impressed with the product. :)

main.php

Their stuff has always looked nice. It was their product support and dealing with problems where the issues were and they will have to go a long ways to undo the past I think.

Their new, huge facility would seem to indicate they have some serious funding behind them and I've read where they intend to certify their offerings. Not sure where their market lies but I wish them success in this expensive and time consuming endeavor.

gbrasch said:
You better track down Darwin Barrie on this list before you give them any money........
as i said in my first post, i know i'll hear from a couple offline. i've already sent darwin an email about this post so as not to ruffle his feathers. i'm not planning on putting any money down to crossflow, but i did have a nice talk with them. i have a deposit on an H-6 with jan anyway...

just wanted to get an updated thread going about them to see if anything has changed. :)

rv6ejguy said:
Their stuff has always looked nice. It was their product support and dealing with problems where the issues were and they will have to go a long ways to undo the past I think.
Don't be lulled into thinking some of the same (non) customer support issues don't exist with Eggenfellner. You just don't hear about them as loudly.

One more note. If you want to put an end to any ideas you may have about becoming a Crossflow customer, just ask them for a list of customers names and phone numbers who are FLYING with their engines installed. You won't get it.

gbrasch said:
One more note. If you want to put an end to any ideas you may have about becoming a Crossflow customer, just ask them for a list of customers names and phone numbers who are FLYING with their engines installed. You won't get it.
HA! that's funny! darwin and i were emailing back and forth this afternoon, and he told me the same thing! i told him i was going to try to see what i could get... ;)

My reply was as diplomatic as possible. I don't want to get Doug or myself sued.
Before you give anyone this sum of money (except Van's of course), check things out thoroughly.

Back