What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rochester Fuel Pressure Sender

Kyle Boatright

Well Known Member
The 0-8 PSI Rochester fuel pressure transducer in my airplane seems to be acting odd. Unfortunately, Rochester has recently exited the aviation market, so there isn't a direct replacement available from Rochester. I'd like to keep the Rochester fuel pressure gauge (it matches my other engine gauges), so I'm looking for suggestions for a replacement transducer that'll work with the 0-8 PSI Rochester gauge.

Suggestions?

The 0-8 PSI Rochester fuel pressure transducer in my airplane seems to be acting odd. Unfortunately, Rochester has recently exited the aviation market, so there isn't a direct replacement available from Rochester. I'd like to keep the Rochester fuel pressure gauge (it matches my other engine gauges), so I'm looking for suggestions for a replacement transducer that'll work with the 0-8 PSI Rochester gauge.

Suggestions?

Kyle,

Our planes are of similar vintage. Last year the fuel pressure got sorta flakey on my carbed RV-6......and a new fuel pump fixed it. ;) The three times the engine lost power until the electric pump was turned on got my attention even though I had been watching the inconsistent fuel pressure for a while. The old pump was installed new in 1999.

Sorry, no info on the sender, I use the Rocky Mtn uMonitor.

Kyle,

Our planes are of similar vintage. Last year the fuel pressure got sorta flakey on my carbed RV-6......and a new fuel pump fixed it. ;) The three times the engine lost power until the electric pump was turned on got my attention even though I had been watching the inconsistent fuel pressure for a while.

Mine is inconsistant in that it occasionally reads top of range when the engine is shut down and the master is on - even if it has been shut down for a week or more. Also, it sometimes reads top of range in flight when the electric pump is off. Previously, without the electric pump, the gauge read ~2 PSI in flight. I'm guessing sender issue. Alternately, it might be a ground issue.

I have not had any engine burps, roll-backs, or stoppages that would indicate a pump problem. Not that *that* is any proof.

By the way, it has been 10 years plus 1 day since my airplane's first flight. I just realized that this afternoon...

Last edited:
By the way, it has been 10 years plus 1 day since my airplane's first flight. I just realized that this afternoon...

Congratulations! The meter on mine hit 1000 hrs last month......just so happens I flew over my shop where the plane was birthed just as the digits hit 1000.

Back