What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Egg Redrive, INSTALLED

Rotary10-RV

Well Known Member
For those of the Subaru persuasion the new Eggenfellner PSRU is shown, installed, on the Egg web site. Look at the "news" section, under the "latest news" banner. No text only pictures. The installed setup is interesting in appearance. The installation improves some of the Eggenfellner weak points with MUCH better transition to the radiators using a bell defuser arrangment. Tom Moore is the tester and aircraft owner. The OAL is at least 4-6" longer than the standard cowl version so prop choice will be important in your W&B considerations. My biggest critique is that Egg didn't move the right side radiator forward where it's up against the right side cylinder bank. Some room behind would help the flow a bunch. Possibly Tom may want to change back to the standard cowl later and wanted to keep to radiator in the original location. I'm not a belt fan either so I was interested in why the change. One point is that the new belt system is much cheaper, (to manufacture) than a new gear drive. I believe the gears Eggenfellner uses on the original PSRU are off-the-shelf items Jan found through a comprehensive search of transmission manufacturers. They are good quality but maybe his available selection of ratios was limited? Pure speculation on my part, but well founded I believe.
Fly safe,
Bill Jepson

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, some great photos of the new 4 blade carbon fiber prop in testing too. I had a talk with Jan a couple weeks ago and they plan to do some extensive in flight testing with several different props including this one, MT and IVO. Jan gets to do all the fun stuff. This should be very interesting. Jan is a hard working guy with plenty of ideas. I wish him well.

osxuser said:
That looked like a Sensenich no? That'd be kinda cool, Electric constant speed?

The prop is supposed to be new composite blades from Sensenich. Indeed, VERY COOL!

Bill

i've got some good pics from SNF of the redrive and prop. i'll post when i get home monday...it's a complex piece of equipment... :eek:

4, Four, Quatro, Vier, IV

Rotary10-RV said:
The prop is supposed to be new composite blades from Sensenich. Indeed, VERY COOL!

Bill
4 blades, looks cool. Can't wait to hear how she flys (numbers). G

a couple of pics from SNF...

main.php

main.php

how come the pics are linked?? the last time i posted a pic, it just showed up on the reply. :confused:

Back