What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaveland Tool tour / plug (sun n fun special ends Friday)

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Yesterday I flew a 172 to Boone IA to visit Cleaveland Tool. I am in the process of getting set to start an RV-9A kit this summer and need to buy tools. The reason for my trip was to have them "check out" my ebay 3x rivet gun and find out what other kit additions / deletions they would recommend.

After landing, I went over to a WC Aircraft Works(a builders assistance center) at the airport where multiple planes were being built, including two RV-10s. One of those builders (forgot his name, great guy, thanks!) drove me over to Cleveland (< 1 mile).

Even though I was a surprise visitor, the Cleaveland people were great. I got a nice tour, saw where the tools are made on-site, and also the upholstery (leather, cloth) which was really beautiful.

Even though my original plan was to go to Sun n Fun and look for deals, I decided to buy my tools from Cleaveland. They have a special (which ends this friday) where you get $50 off a tool kit and another $50 gift certificate. I helped them pack up my tool order (that was fun) and I'm a happy customer. They even drove me back to the airport and gave my daughter & I a T-shirt to wear at Sun n Fun (they are not going to the show because of rate increases).

Not affiliated, but I thought you guys should know how good Cleveland is.

dave

PS - ebay rivet gun was fine, they recommended not buying an additional one from them.

Great people!

I agree the people at Cleaveland are great. I have not met them but it seems I talk to them about once a week. Seems I am always finding some little thing I need so I give them a call and the next day it is delivered.

Hopefully I will have a chance to meet some of them during the Boone RV flyin a little later this year.

Sun 'N Fun Special

Dave,
All of the RV tool companies have specials on for Sun 'N Fun. We have a special with a free pneumatic squeezer or a DRDT-2 dimpler -- or a deep discount on both at www.planetools.com . We will also do deletions if you already own some tools. Sun 'N Fun is a really great time for RV builder's to buy their tools. We are building the RV-8A.
Good luck on your project,
Glenna :)

Back