What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

John H. Glader: Rest in Peace (RV-8 Driver)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...brought to my attention by Darrell Reiley. My sincere condolences to John's wife Dusty.

John Henry Glader passed on Sunday evening 04/02/2006 from lung cancer, he was 48. Services for John Henry Glader will be as listed below:

Grace Lutheran Church
919 W. San Antonio St.
Lockhart, TX

Visitation: Tuesday 4/4. 6PM. 7:00 PM Wake

Graveside Service: Lockhart Cemetery, Wednesday 04/05/2006 2PM

- memorial page on John's company web site

Last edited:
I didn't know John but his plane was an inspiration to me. I painted mine silver and went with a WW prop partly because of him.

I emailed him last year or the year before; never got a reply but heard he was fighting cancer.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Last Departure Clearance

John will get his last departure clearance at his graveside just after 2:00 pm today. Bill, a good friend will do a low approach at the graveside and then depart to the west.

Thanks for being a great friend John!

With Respect,

Darrell

John

John was a great guy. Had known him for 16 years. When visiting San Antonio or Austin, he would always fly over to pick me up and go for a ride. He will be deeply missed by our family. He was unselfish, fun to be around and had a big heart. Dave

John Glader

I never met John but feel extremely lucky to have been able to acquire his airplane. I hope to hang on to this aircraft for a long time so its great to hear first hand stories about the builder and his adventures. My heart goes out to Dusty and the many others he touched in his short but action packed life.

medium.jpg

"When you wrap your hands around something, you wrap your heart around it. Somebody else said that, but I believe it," John Glader.

Last edited:
I am John's only son and I got to fly in that plane only once but it was the best flight I have ever been on. I didnt know John for 18 years of my life because of decisions made by him and my mother when I was young. But I am very glad to have gotten to know him and who he was in the 6 months we had left to get to know each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
to SONofJohnGlader

We are very happy to have you with us and hope you will join in our family as a family member and grow and learn with us. I dont know your occupation, hobbies or desires, however, I sincerely hope you want to further your life through aviation and the joy and satisfaction it brings all of us. We are truly sorry to of lost your father. We were truly blessed to have him here while he was on this earth and miss him. We welcome you in to the family and are here for you. Thank you for being a member of the forums.
Best
Brian Wallis

BJ, welcome aboard.

Glad you are thinking about becoming a pilot, lots of time and $$$, but way more than worth every bit of it.

You will find this site filled with help, and info.

And friends-------

Another Ride

Son of John Glader,

The next time GG and I are out in Texas, we will get you another ride if you are interested. I am sure I can locate you through Dusty. Your father built a very good plane. I am sure you have the same abilities within you and I hope you get a chance to exercise them on a endeavor of your choosing.

I was told George and Becky built Gladder's Gal.

Son of John Glader,

The next time GG and I are out in Texas, we will get you another ride if you are interested. I am sure I can locate you through Dusty. Your father built a very good plane. I am sure you have the same abilities within you and I hope you get a chance to exercise them on a endeavor of your choosing.

Back