What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jon's Video

Marc DeGirolamo

Well Known Member
Have any of you been having problems downloading or viewing these videos ? i have tried a number of times and seems to get about half done then it just quits/times out (good thing our planes fon't do that)....?? Just wondering.

No problem here

It took a few minutes, but worth the effort. It is worth the download for the lesson on building your RV in a cellar! All are really good. Did Jon animate the prop on the aerobatic video?

Thanks,

Robby :)

Vids

I don't have a DVD player in my computer and the files are Mpeg2, The codec is $20 (comes free with DVD software) Not worth it to me, rather spend the $20 on my RV6A. The files are also BIG 200 meg and take awhile to load.

Maybe I will load them work.

Thanks

John

MPEG Player

For my mac, I downloaded freeware player from versiontracker.com called VLC. I have played all of the videos several times, with no problem. :)

Robby

Bill,

Up in the very top left corner of your screen, click on the photo of Flash. That takes you out of the forums, and over into the VAF normal site. Doug has a write up about the link on the front page. Oh, and also make note of the added info Doug listed: before, you had to register on the video site, with a credit card. Now the gentleman who posted the videos has given us his login and password to use, thus, no registration!

NICE! Now, if I could just get the darned things to load......it's probably this crappy connection I am on, in a hotel.

I don't have a DVD player in my computer and the files are Mpeg2, The codec is $20 (comes free with DVD software) Not worth it to me, rather spend the $20 on my RV6A. The files are also BIG 200 meg and take awhile to load.

Maybe I will load them work.

Thanks

John

John, the codec packs are absolutely free. Any sites that try and charge you for them are simply trying to rip you off.. Here is a site that I used last night to download the codec packs needed to view pretty much any computer movie you could ever imagine:

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

Probably the second or third program down the list is the one you want.. Just click on any of the mirror sites on the right side of the screen for the codec pack you want. When you go through installing them, just make sure you check to install the codec that will allow you to play mpeg2's.. :)

I watched the movies last night and really did enjoy them.. LOVE the tail-mounted camera view.

as a side note, my first post here.. :)

codec packs? I just played the video in Windows Media Player (version 10, I think). And registration at Xdrive doesn't require a credit card, just an email address. I actually registered before I saw the username/password info.

Cool videos!!!

RV8 movies

I have also had problems trying to view the video's. It will down load the files, but Windows Media and Real player will not play the videos. Windows will give me an error message saying server error, rela player will do nothing. Took awhile to post this, old age forgot the password.

Back