What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Welding Cable Wanted - SF North Bay

JVolkober

Well Known Member
I just stopped at AirGas in San Rafael to by a small amount of #4 and #6 welding cable. I found that generally small amounts are not sold. But, the man at the desk noted, when I mentioned building and airplane, that he had just sold two 25ft spools - #4 and #6, to a builder in Novato, my home town. So, this is an attempt to uncover said sole to see if he or she has some excess to sell.

Of course if anyone else in the area has some knows of a source for small amounts, I would love to know.

John

Thanks guys

Both great suggestions. I have an order set up with welding supply.com. I'll wait a little bit in case I hear from said Novato purchaser of cable.

Thank you for your suggestions.

John

Terminal Tool

John,

I have a Terminal Tool (by Bill Wightman, frequent VAF poster) so when the time comes to crimp the ends on your cables, give me a call and I'll fly up.
The Terminal Tool makes a far superior crimp for the end fittings, really first rate. I would not trust the low-cost crimpers for battery cables, alternator cables, etc.

Steve.

In Santa Rosa

John, I know that I bought welding cable in pieces at a welding supply company on Piner Rd. Interstate Battery may have it too and will make up cables for reasonable prices.

Steve "The Builders Coach"

Back