What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation Flying By Region

Chris Hill

Well Known Member
I was hoping I could find some folks in/around North Dakota or Georgia that would like to fly/learn to fly formation (I do spend most of my time in ND). I'm an experienced formation pilot and dont mind helping someone else learn it as well.

There seems to be a lot of flying activity in Fargo

My wife and I flew in a 1,800 mile race from (and back to) Fargo around 2002. They have the nicest aviation museum not run by the military I have seen. They had a flying Mustang and the #57 Corsair racer (I don't know if it is the original) and many display aircraft in a well lit spotless facility. I got the impression that the Air National Guard unit there is very active. The University had a strong aviation program as well. A couple of retired Generals flew a Cessna 172 in the race (it was a handicapped race). I think if you check around there you might find some interest.

Bob Axsom

I was hoping I could find some folks in/around North Dakota or Georgia that would like to fly/learn to fly formation (I do spend most of my time in ND). I'm an experienced formation pilot and dont mind helping someone else learn it as well.

Chris

I don't know anyone in North Dakota flying formation, but the Vanguard formation team flies out of Tea South Dakota just west of Sioux City.

In Georgia, look up Team RV with team members in GA, SC, and NC. They will probably respond to your post.

Chris

I don't know anyone in North Dakota flying formation, but the Vanguard formation team flies out of Tea South Dakota just west of Sioux City.

In Georgia, look up Team RV with team members in GA, SC, and NC. They will probably respond to your post.

I think you meant Sioux Falls, SD.

Georgia Formation Flying ... Team RV

Chris

Chris,

There are several members of Team RV in Georgia, (Atlanta general area) that are always open to new formation flyers. I know that some are away on vacation this week and might not be checking in here as often.

What part of Georgia will you be in? Send me a note offline and we can chat a bit about it.

James
(Team RV member in SC)

Back