What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting Tennessee and Virginia in June

svanarts

Well Known Member
I'm going to be traveling through Tennessee and Virginia in June and was wondering if there are any RV guys that wouldn't mind a visit. My RV is done and flying for 3 years now but I still like to see RV's under construction.

Also, any aviation related sites to see in that part of the country? Any must-see places for a Civil War buff?

RV's under construction near Chattanooga

Scott,

I have just what you are looking for right here in the Tennessee Valley. We have TWO RV-8's in the area under construction. One is a quick-build that I am helping the owner construct since he is my hangar mate. I have a flying RV-9A. The other one is a slow-build RV-8 in Chattanooga.

As for your Civil War interest, the quick build RV and the hangar/private field where I keep my airplane is just a few miles from the Chickamauga (Georgia) National Battlefield Park. Missionary Ridge and Lookout Mountain are also in the area. There were plenty of pitched battles fought in this are as the Atlanta Campaign begain in 1864. I also have one true story to tell about my Great Grandfather to relate. It is documented in the federal archives from his war records and pension records.

You will find much information about the construction and flying of my RV-9A, and about 17 pages of photos and information about Wendell's RV-8 quickbuild kit on my web site at www.n2prise.org. You will see my email address on the home page of that site. Send me an email to let me know when you will be down this way. If you will be flying or driving and I will provide suitable information either way: GPS coordinates or hotel locations.

Jerry K. Thorne
East Ridge, TN
(On the Georgia State Line)
RV-9A N2PZ "Enterprise"
Hobbs: 171.7 hours since June 9, 2005

Last edited:
Back