What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEED elect. diagram for Navaid auto pilot.

DRCRV6A

I'm New Here
Hi folks, I'm new here (Dave Cook RV6A, fly summer 06). Don't want to pound on an aviation company as my first input here but am very frustrated. Purchased a (NEW $ ) servo from Navaid Devices and requested all needed connectors, linkage, wireing diagram/op. manual, what ever needed for installation with a used (from other chapter member) A/P head. Only received the servo, (is this co. going out of buis.?) multiple attempts at communication, PH., e-mail, have been fruitless, sorced everything but the elect. wireing diagram, can anyone help, thanks, David. [email protected] (Again, sorry for the negativety. Have been bustin rumpess postierious-glutemuss maximuss-sitamuss aponemuss (butt) for the last 6 mths. to finish w/paint this summer.)

I should start charging

I have posted this twice before, but that is cool. Here ya go.

Click on Pic,

I have not had any problems with mine so no need to call or write, but I have heard they can be slow to respond; no worries, they are in business. It seems almost every business gets this complaint from time to time on the list. In the day of email and cell phones we require instant text messg. (I am not immune either; I also want it now.). How did we do it before? Hummmmm oh yea snail mail and a phone, I think had a wire on it plugged into the wall! What was that all about. That is not good enough we have overnight mail now. Ain't progress great.

I appreciate your cobbling together a system with some used parts to save money. e-mail me (your account bounced my email w/ pictures attached). I will email you some pictures on how to install the servo. (click on my user name to get email)

That is too bad they blew the order, but stuff happens.

Serioulsy, there is a manual that goes with it and requires some set up. Nothing earth shaking, just you should get the manual. (here is an installation kit from: http://www.safeair1.com/index.htm (Its not necessary to buy, but it does have some parts. I did not use or need this kit, but it looks like you could save some time. See links below.)

Some related links:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=6232
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=6062

I think you are new, so there is a cool search engine that may help some times if the question has been asked. Not complaining just letting you you. Welcome to the group. :D

Enjoy George

If you want to connect a hand held GPS to the Navaid, you may need the smart coupler, see navaids web site.

Last edited:
Thanks George.

Thanks George finished the connector install last night, had everything in place for last three mths., servo in R. wing bellcrank bay, not my idea, borrowed from someone else either here or a personal site linked from here. I will put photos of my build on a site soon and make a link to help others as I have been helped here many times. Will e-mail you from home next time I'm working there so we have com., am at work now. Have Smart-coupler, will keep trying to get man. for op./install fron Nav./Aid. Again ,thanks, David.

Back