What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

U42 and the Salt Lake Area

jump4way

Well Known Member
I'm planning to fly in to Salt Lake tomorrow to visit some friends. Is U42 the best option for the southern Salt Lake area?

I've called the Air Center of Salt Lake and been quoted a price of $55 per night for hangar space for my RV4 which seems a bit steep for me. Does anyone know of a better option for hangar space until around tuesday?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I think it's the best option. Runways are long, wide, & smooth. Note, that it's right hand traffic for runway 16, as you'll be flying on the west side, to avoid Class B on the east side. I just usually fly in from the Point of the Mountain side (from the Arizona direction), staying over the freeway to avoid Camp Williams, and then swing out to the west. I seldom talk to ATC (SLC approach), unless flying over the city on the east side of the freeway. Keep in mind, the different altitudes of the Class B floor, above. They are down to 6000' over U42.

BTW ---- It's blue skies, rather calm, & 7 degree's F. at the moment........as I live across the street. My RV is hangared there, and I wish I knew of a vacant spot, unfortunately I don't.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Back