What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NC Formation Clinic Video

ronschreck

Well Known Member
Thirty pilots attended the clinic this past weekend. Two earned their FFI flight lead card and six earned wingman cards. The 21-ship All-Up formation capped off the weekend. We had a BALL!

It was a ton of fun to participate in. Great job of editing the video and getting it out so fast. Way to go Sparky!

I wrote up my experience at the NC Formation Clinic in a web log. It was a great experience; the Team RV folks really did it right. They even arranged for perfect weather! Enjoy.

Link

Nice pictures!

Bill,

What a great write-up! We organize these clinics to get the word out about formation flying, hoping that those who attend will go back home and get others interested. When you put together such a beautiful presentation at this it only serves to attract even more pilots to the ranks of formation flyers. Well done! I sure enjoyed flying with you and hope to do it all again sometime.

I wrote up my experience at the NC Formation Clinic in a web log. It was a great experience; the Team RV folks really did it right. They even arranged for perfect weather! Enjoy.

Link

Outstanding writeup.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.
You have a very good perspectice on the action.

Great write up Bill. Had fun talking with you at dinner Saturday. Thanks for the tip on the Shop Top (Sp?) beer!

Truly motivating!

Bill, as you can probably tell, I was a Navy S-3B guy in my former life living in DC now. Would love to connect with some RV folks in the DC area.

OBTW, is Team RV based out of Salisbury, NC or did that just happen to be where the formation clinic was held that weekend? The reason I ask is, I just happen to be going to Salisbury, NC for Thanksgiving and if there is any RV realted stuff going on at Rowan, I'll definitely make a trip over to get my fix!

Also, is there a schedule of upcoming formation clinics posted somewhere?

Truly motivating!

Is Team RV based out of Salisbury, NC or did that just happen to be where the formation clinic was held that weekend? The reason I ask is, I just happen to be going to Salisbury, NC for Thanksgiving and if there is any RV realted stuff going on at Rowan, I'll definitely make a trip over to get my fix!

Team RV is based in Atlanta, although team members come from all over the Carolinas and Georgia. Salisbury was chosen because of it's central location, great facilities and proximity to hotel, food, etc.

As far as I know, no clinics have been announced for 2011, but stay tuned to this forum to be among the first to know.

Great pics of the clinic

We'll have to work on some videos now with formations Bill.

Excellent job!

Bruce Raymond

Nordo....Great write up as usual!

Now get some time deposits in the bank with the wife so we can fly next weekend.

We'll have to work on some videos now with formations Bill.

Excellent job!

Bruce Raymond

I'm OK with the still pictures and web log, but you are the Video Master! Yes, we definately need to put your talents to work shooting some formation video.

Truly motivating!

Bill, as you can probably tell, I was a Navy S-3B guy in my former life living in DC now. Would love to connect with some RV folks in the DC area.

I'll let you know the next time Dragon Flight gets together at Carroll County airport (Westminster) and you can get your introduction to RVs. Shoot me a PM with your email. ... Bill

Seriously cool!

If (by some miracle) I passed my PE exam back in October I am coming to a formation weekend..I definately have to do this before i die.

Frank

Great write-up!

Link

Bill,
I enjoyed reading your write-up. I hope to do this one day.
I practiced with Gerald Loyd "Bulldog" RV-4 at Pine Bluff, AR last weekend and learned a lot. But I have a long way to go.

Thanks again,
Mark

Back