What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reflections of Winter Haven Fly In

carlrai

Well Known Member
Not really - just a few guys enjoying perfect wx in Central FL at Winter Haven annual fly in 11/13/10.

Alex Fernandez, Eddie Fernandez, George Barth and Carl Raichle

DSCN0543-1.jpg

Should of stuck around a bit longer to make the photo

Great turnout, as always. It was nice to meet Eddy, Alex, Don, Ryan, and Kristen (think I got all those names right.)

And here was the most interesting conversation (second to DAN LANDRY of course :D) I had while talking to a gentleman that was checking out my RV-4....turns out, he has an RV-4.5!
Me: "...wow, really? 23X mph in an RV-4? I saw the Sam James cowl and pants...."
Gentleman with whom I was talking: "Yeah, I'm Sam James."

Doh!:eek:

Last edited:
Great turnout, as always. It was nice to meet Eddie, Alex, Don, Ryan, and Kristen (think I got all those names right.)

And here was the most interesting conversation I had while talking to a gentleman that was checking out my RV-4....turns out, he has an RV-4.5!
Me: "...wow, really? 13X mph in an RV-4? I saw the Sam James cowl and pants...."
Gentleman with whom I was talking: "Yeah, I'm Sam James."

Doh!:eek:

Hey what about me?
Nice seeing & meeting all you guys. Hope to see you all next week at the everglades.

Funny, I just posted the Sam James cameo on another thread.

Reflections of Winter Haven

Hey what about me?
Nice seeing & meeting all you guys. Hope to see you all next week at the everglades.

Funny, I just posted the Sam James cameo on another thread.

Great weather and great people!
Everglades Airpark (X01) is this Sun 11/21/10 ETA 11 am. We (Florida Aero club) have arranged free transportation to Triad Seafood for lunch.

See you there.

Winter Haven Fly-In

I really look forward to the Winter Haven Fly-In. Been in Florida for the last five year when it was going on and always had a great time. Good food, big aircraft display, and lots of friendly people. Big Hoosier Howdy to all.
Next year!!!
Squeak
RV7A

Everglades Airpark (X01) is this Sun 11/21/10 ETA 11 am. We (Florida Aero club) have arranged free transportation to Triad Seafood for lunch.

See you there.[/QUOTE]

ill be back in town for sundays run to the glades. lets monitor 123.15 inbound.

More fun at X01

Becky has talked me into an airboat ride.

She's arranged for transportation and a ride through the glades at 9:00AM and return before the lunch soire.

Anybody else interested? Makes for an early launch for us from ZPH to make it by 9:00 am.

I'm sure all are welcome

See you there!

El Jefe (Eddy Fernandez) says meeting at 11:00AM for the ride to the restaurant.

Back