What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailwheel RV-10 ?

Tailwheel RV-10

I personally would love to see a tailwheel 10, I don't really think Van would do it. I think the mission profile of the 10 really does not lend itself to selling many TD 10s, but we can hope :)

Get a Moose

If you want an aluminum aircraft with 4 or 5 seats and a tailwheel, just get a Murphy Moose! Sure it's a little slower than an RV, but it can haul a s---load . . .

TDT

:cool:

I considered the Moose for quite a while, but settled on an RV because not only the quality of aircraft, but more importantly the builder support (and the fact that a Moose can't be built in a standard garage). If you do a web search on the Moose it seems that very few are being built and sites like this one are non-existant - the Yahoo group is never posted to as well.

A radial Moose would make a cool Baja plane though...

yooper said:
If you want an aluminum aircraft with 4 or 5 seats and a tailwheel, just get a Murphy Moose! Sure it's a little slower than an RV, but it can haul a s---load . . .

TDT

:cool:

Can't see it happening

Van?s told me that my -9 is one of about ten they have sold and, "it was a waste of engineering effort."

It seems like the -10 would have even fewer takers than the -9. You would have better luck wishing for a -10RG which would have a bigger market but knowing how Van doesn't like the complexity, weight, and cost of an RG for just a few knots gain I don't see that coming either.

Attn: Bill

Bill,

I am confused...... :confused:

From what I am reading, and from the other forums and posts that I see, I thought there were more -9's out there than just a "about ten"?

Thanks,

N941WR said:
Van?s told me that my -9 is one of about ten they have sold and, "it was a waste of engineering effort."

It seems like the -10 would have even fewer takers than the -9. You would have better luck wishing for a -10RG which would have a bigger market but knowing how Van doesn't like the complexity, weight, and cost of an RG for just a few knots gain I don't see that coming either.

Is that referring to the -9 as opposed to -9A? They've sold mostly -9A's? I'd believe that because most of the builder pages I've read are in fact nose draggers.

Correct

I was talking -9 vs. -9A. Not many -9's were sold, the majority are -9A's.

Van's doesn't know or care if it is an "A" or not until they sell the fuselage kit.

Back