What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kuntzelman Streamlined Strobe

Steve Sampson

Well Known Member
I want a streamlined strobe to put on the tip of the VS. I have never seen a Kuntzelman Streamlined Strobe for real and am wondering if anyone else has bought one.

Is it bright?
Does it look OK? (I worry it looks more appropriate for a microlight than a red blooded RV4)
Would you buy it again?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Steve #4478

Steve Sampson said:
I want a streamlined strobe to put on the tip of the VS. I have never seen a Kuntzelman Streamlined Strobe for real and am wondering if anyone else has bought one.

Is it bright?
Does it look OK? (I worry it looks more appropriate for a microlight than a red blooded RV4)
Would you buy it again?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Steve #4478
I have heard that the top mounted strobe is a little bothersome at night due to the panoramic canopy.

-mike

I picked one up thinking I would mount it on the belly, but I probably won't use it. The construction seems more appropriate for an ultralight than a 200mph RV.

mcb

I use it.

I have one in the top of my VS. Doesn't affect my flying at night. Its light but simple and works well on an RV.

Got a photo?

OneTwoSierra said:
I have one in the top of my VS. Doesn't affect my flying at night. Its light but simple and works well on an RV.

Can you post a photo?

Back