What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VM1000C Display Fault

50victorjuliet

I'm New Here
Hello,

I recently ran the engine for the first time after installing a pre-2007 VM1000C Engine Monitor and noticed that part of the display on the unit where the MP numerical and graphical display are presented is now completely blank. The Oil Temperature graphical display is also missing. Everything else is shown as normal and behaves as normal. I tried to access the setup menu, and the menu category number usually displayed where the MP number is displayed is also missing, but the category value displayed in another area is visible without any faults. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? The fact that I am not seeing the menu numbers would suggest that this is a display fault rather than a fault with the circuit board. Since the product is discontinued does anyone have any suggestions in trying to repair this fault. The instrument panel was tailored made for this instrument so my very last resort is to buy another product. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you all,
Vic

Last edited:
Back