What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which fuel flow transducer?

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
What transducer are you guys running that is compatible with the Dynon EMS? I am planning on running the Skyview, but from what I'm seeing the compatibility list is the same for the Skyview vs D100/120/180. I'm finishing up my fuel system in the fuse now and would like to go ahead and install/mount the transducer in the line.

I second that. I had the FloScan and then changed it to Red Cube (using it with GRT though) and much better quality and accuracy. Mine is amazingly accurate.

We can electrically use pretty much any sender you could come up with. We only sell the red cube nowadays, and I think you'll find we sell it at a better price than anyone.

The compatibility in SkyView is exactly the same as it was in the D120/D180.

We can electrically use pretty much any sender you could come up with. We only sell the red cube nowadays, and I think you'll find we sell it at a better price than anyone.

The compatibility in SkyView is exactly the same as it was in the D120/D180.

I wouldn't exactly say "better price" - but it's close. You sell it for $200, which isn't bad, but you have a minimum $20 handling charge on top of the UPS for shipping, which made the total to my door $229. To be fair, you also point out on your website (if you dig for it) a list of your distributors/suppliers and I did some checking on their sites as well. I found the same red cube FT-60 on Sarasota Aviations website for $195 and free shipping, ordered it yesterday, saved 9 gallons of 100LL.

Just a data point...

Just an FYI (as I went through this recently)...Do NOT put the transducer where the Skyview install manual suggests (between the electric and mechanical fuel pump). I put it there and got inconsistent readings including a large jump when the electric pump was on. I have a carb and moved it downstream of the mechanical pump. Voila!! Excellent and consistent readings now. Also, as it was somewhat tighter in space in the new location I swapped out to the floscan which is a smaller unit.

Floscan works great

I've used a flowsscan unit between the boost pump and the mechanical pump for 18 months and it has worked great. Very accurate right out of the box.

I keep hearing about errors when the boost pump goes on but I think that is not the flow meter's issue. When you turn the boost pump on the regulator in the fuel injection system sees increased pressure and it takes a second to adjust. For that second or two fuel flow is high. It settles down back to about the same fuel flow pretty quickly though. The opposite thing happens when you turn the pump off. Pressure drops and the injection system needs to adjust.

I don't think it matters which flow transducer you have. The phenomenon is the same. I'd like to hear what Don at AFP says.

Back