What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone recognize this?

RWoodard

Well Known Member
Benefactor
We were passing by the other day taking the scenic coastal route heading towards KFLL. This was, of course, taken while above 10,000' to avoid any problems with the "sterile cockpit" rule.

boomtown.jpg

My guess

Looks an awful lot like a place for launching rockets and such. I think some of them even land there - the 'strip' is just out of view. That won't be the case much longer, we're going back to fishing them out of the ocean.

Bummer

No we are going back to paying the Russians for a ride to the space station. Is this getting nuts or what.

Why not keep flying the shuttle until we have a better idea????

Sure - that's looking back out of my left window coming up on the HAC for KSC15. Awfully low though.....might could redesignate to a right hand HAC for 33, but it could be low energy as well (10,000 fpm down you know). ;)

Nice pictures!

Looks to be about

10 miles east of my airport at Arthur Dunn (X21). The VAB makes for an excellent landmark.

Don

Arthur Dunn as well

Hi Don,

I have the white yellow and blue RV6A that you may have seen at Arthur Dunn since April. It's a 2000 with an 0320. I've been having a blast with it!

Back