What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kittie Hill Fly In 6/19/2010

PainterJohn

Well Known Member
Hey RVers!
Saturday June 19th is the 17th annual Kittie Hill Fly In, and the best BBQ in the world! Come visit us! "gates" open at sun up, and camping is very much welcome!! We will have several RVs on hand (many of which i painted :D). Great bunch of people and a great selection of aircraft ALL BRANDS are welcome. You can even get a sneak peak of the Radial Rocket I am currently working on (man this thing is wicked!)

a 5 dollar donation gets you a huge plate full of the best BBQ on the planet!
We will have a Flour bombing run, and an aerobatic display, did i mention some really great people? Well last year we had over 350!! Come on out!

Kittie Hill is 77T on the San Antonio sectional and CTAF is 122.90
north west of Austin TX about 20 miles.. If you are driving we are at 17851 Ronald Reagan Blvd (AKA the new part of Parmer lane)
Call me if you get lost..
See ya there,

We had a Great turn out yesterday! roughly 300 people came out and we had about 40 aircraft show up through out the day. Flour bombing was successful, no one hit the toilet.. but my daughter got the closest missing it by a mear 18 feet.. from a Taylorcraft at about 150 AGL.
Thanks to all the VAFers that came out yesterday!! I know of about 10 users of this site that came over.
We had about 20 people camp last night.. some in campers and the other kind of RVs.. and a few in tents.

Also, we are putting together a poker run in conjunction with Giddings, Taylor, Smithville and possibly Lampasas airports.
Kittie Hill will be the final stop.
Thus far the prize package includes,
Discounted fuel from Giddings FBO,
3d rendering of your paint scheme from Airborne Kustomz (a 300 dollar value)
Case of AeroShell oil
If yall are interested in participating, or would like to sweeten the pot please let me know!
Ill keep yall posted on that as more details evolve.

Back