What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynafocal 1 Engine Stand Question

NYTOM

Well Known Member
Building an engine stand for my 0-360 so I can turn it over (the whole engine) every month or so till I get it installed to keep it lubed up. Exactly what degree from propeller center line are the mounts. The best I can come up with is 18 degrees but I can't seem to find an exact quote on this. Tried to find it on the web but so far haven't had any luck. Anybody? :confused:

There are plans on this site showing how to use an automotive engine stand to do what you are describing. Works well for me. Check it out, from the home page select Firewall Forward and then scroll down to Simple Lycoming Engine Stand. Good pictures and instructions.

Mark

Link broken

The link to the engine stand information on the firewall forward page seems broken. Does someone else have the info they could share?

Duane

engine stand

If you send me a email I will take a picture of my stand and send it to you. I am not sure how to post a picture on this sight. I did the same thing that you are planning on doing and it seemed to work fine for me. Filled the motor up with oil and turned it over every now and then.

jim

I have the engine stand conversion instructions and pictures saved as an html file, but its on my home computer and I won't have access until this evening. I'll try to post it or send it later tonight if the link is still broken.

Mark

onstand9gi.jpg

Last edited:
NYTOM,
I sent you an email with the engine stand plans attached as a word file. Didn't look like I could post it here. I'll send it to Doug, maybe he will post it as a replacement for the broken link in the Firewall Fwd section.

Mark

Email Received

Thanks Mark, received the file. Pretty complete plans if anyone out there has an engine in waiting. My manufacturer suggested turning the whole engine over on a regular schedule to keep all the inside parts lubed. They suggested getting four or five friends to help but I can just see that operation turning in a circus with the enigine falling on the floor. Turning it on a secure stand seems to be the best, safest way.
Tom

Back