What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another rivet gun question

cmitchellfly

I'm New Here
Im not one to cheap out on tools but I do like save $$ when possible. Can anyone tell me if the SIOUX 270A 3X RIVET GUN is ok. An ebay seller is letting them go for @ $100.00.

Thanks

I had a sioux 3x gun which I returned ... the business end of it is a different diameter and standard springs won't fit (like the swivel set, etc.)
I got a CP clone that I am very happy with.

Thomas
-8 wings

gun

after couple emails with shaun from platools i decide do same think so i bought it just wednesday so i hope i did good deal did not arrive yet thanks tom

I have a Sioux 270-A. It works great and does fit all the normal riveting tools. That said I'm not sure a used one for $100.00 would be a better buy than a brand new clone. I am a tool and die maker and have always bought name brand quality US made tools for my own use. The sad thing is now a lot of the foreign tools are better than the US made for half the price. I would probably buy the new tool and if it doesn't operate smoothly then you can send it back and get a replacement.
I do have one weird thing about the Sioux gun. When you hold the gun with the rivet set pointing up at the ceiling the teasing trigger works very well. You can make the set move up and down one hit at a time if you want. When you hold the gun horizontal like you would normally use it the teasing trigger is not nearly as sensitive.
The Yard Store is very helpful if you buy a tool from them that does not work as it should. I bought a right angle drill from them that was binding up and sent it back for replacement. Two days later a brand new one arrived that worked perfect.

Back