What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airplane Covers

Chris Newbe

I'm New Here
I need to buy one, what have others found. The prices seem to go from 240 to 425. I know we want to protect the interior from heat and as well the the canopy from scratches.
What has the group found? Thanks

I have a Bruce's

...custom cover for my RV-9a. It is great, fits well, but oddly leaves a weird imprint on the canopy glass, perhaps where I've leaned on it, which will buff out, though.
It is 4 years old, and is starting to come apart at some seams, admittedly in some places where I've grabbed it to pull taut. It could use a few more reinforced pull tabs.
Bruce's offered to repair for free, but I haven't taken them up on it........yet.

Now I am wanting a lightweight fly cover for travelling, the heavy lined one is too bulky when rolled up and put in the baggage area.

just my $.02 worth

I bought the less expensive lightweight one from DJ, since I'm almost always in the hangar. Only used when I travel for sunlight/security reasons. It's holding up well, but I've only had it a couple years and don't use it much. But it's light and packs easily in a small pouch that came with the cover.

DJ used my airplane to make the Rocket cover and I have teh first one it is great! Nice and light and fits smoothly and snuggly and will stand up to a big wind. Highly recommend.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

Flight Line Interiors

Abby also makes one that I have been using for a number of years and am very happy with it. It's a little larger than Van's lightweight and just a tad heavier but folds up small and works well.

Back