What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Steve Wright

Fearless

Well Known Member
I found out on the Cozy List that Steve Wright had passed away from a form of cancer. Steve was living in Spruce Creek outside of Daytona. He built a one off canard called the StaggerEz and manufactured an electric retract nosegear for the canards. I will miss not seeing Steve at the fly-ins.

Although Steve wasn't involved in the RV community I am sure others here have crossed paths with him at various fly-ins.

I've known Steve over the years, great builder and innovator.

One year at OSH he was giving me a ride from the dorm to the airport and we got pulled over by a young police officer for coming out of the wrong exit at the dorm parking lot. It was yes sir, no sir with the cop - it will never happened again. No ticket. :) Steve was a true southern gentleman.

We had great times riding in the back of Nat Puffer's old pick up going out for dinner at OSH. Steve will be missed.

I met Steve at Oshkosh one year also when he had his nose lift system on display and also brought along his then unfinished Stagger EZE. A REALLY nice guy.

Steve and I (and others) were involved in the TEAM MiniMAX venture in Tennessee in the 80's. A real "outside the box" thinker, and a pleasure to be around. Sorry to hear of his passing. Condolences to his family.

Back