What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 in my area (IL-ish)?

dslagel

I'm New Here
Hi, I currently own a Piper Cherokee 140/160 and am getting real serious about moving up to something bigger. I am especially interested in building an RV-10. I will likely go with the QB kit if I decide to do it, because I have the need/desire for the airplane (the sooner the better).

Anyway, my question is, does anyone have an RV-10 either partially built or completed in my area? I am in Central Illinois and would love to come see one in real life.

I want to see one, but don't want to wait until Oshkosh, or waste any of my buy/build money on a trip to the Van's plant in Oregon.

Thanks!
David

Last edited:
White Pages

The moderator of this board has a great site/resource at www.vansairforce.net. If you look on the left sidebar, there are several links; one of those is to the "RV White Pages." It's a list of every RV he knows about worldwide. It shows two RV-10s in IL.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Naperville
[/font] - [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mills,Steve -[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]630.305.0134[/font] - [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10SB[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- WG[/font] - [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]N750SM[/font] - [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KDPA[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Willowbrook[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- White, Phil[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 630.325.4642[/font] - [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- WG[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- N910PW[/font]

Good luck!

Last edited:
RV-10 in Illinois

I am building a RV-10 in Naperville, IL, and would be happy to have you come for a visit. I have completed the empennage, and am currently building the wings. I am going slow build all the way...like someone said, why hire someone to go see a movie for you.

Give me a call at 630-305-0134, and I will be happy to show you around,

Steve Mills
40486 - wings

david,

i'm in central il also (bloomington/normal) building a -7. i would give steve a call! i've talked with him before about his engine install and i would like to go visit him as well to see his soobie engine. maybe you and i could meet up and split some gas for the trip to steve's place. i sold my pa28-180 last year, and currently have nothing in my sales inventory that i can justify flying...

if interested, call me at 309.532.4347. where are you based?

Eaa 129

Hello Chad!

I did just talk to Steve and he has me interested in his engine also, but at this point in the game, I am more interested in seeing the building process for real, before I decide to "jump in".

I am from Fairbury, but work in Bloomington. I was actually just emailing with John about coming to the 129 meeting on Thursday night, so if you are there I will see you then.

I would love to take a peak at your RV-7 progress sometime as well (I did check out your website).

-David

GREAT! i will be at the meeting thursday, so i will see ya there!

you are welcome to come over anytime to see my project as well.

talk to you thursday.

Back