What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Why?

TerryPancake

Well Known Member
:confused: Why on some posts do I have to use the bottom scroll bar to slide back and forth to read/view the whole enchilada? Others are full page and dont require the left and right slide to view but maybe some up and down action.
What's up with that?

Prolly

Cuz someone posted a *really* large pictures\, which allows the text area to be as wide as the picture.... Really sucks when that happens too...

I'm guilty....

Does anyone one know what the widest pixel-width is for a picture so that it doesn't slide the margins out?

Paul

Ironflight said:
Does anyone one know what the widest pixel-width is for a picture so that it doesn't slide the margins out?

It actually depends on the window size of the typical forum reader. I'd say that a width of 640 would probably be fine for most. Most of the image hosting services will offer an auto generated thumbnail - so you can post a smallish image and then the reader can click on it if they want things in hugeovision. ;-)

Good rule of thumb on image size

800 pixels wide = OK to post image full size, IMHO.

Anything bigger I use a thumbnail that links to larger image. Another tip when using thumbnails is (after you put the in) to use the indent button
indent.gif
to push 'em in a little to the right - like in this post.

That's what has worked for me, at least :eek: .

b,
d

Last edited:
Back