What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone tried this fuel-fill filter?

hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
http://shurhold.com/medium-fuel-filter-funnel

It says on the label (not on the web) that it's for aviation as well as marine. It also says it filters water as well as dirt. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with it.
Thanks.

SIF8C-2_10.jpg

It looks like a black version of Mr. Funnel which is red. I've been using one for some time and they do filter water. I've forgotten the micron rating but it is mighty small.

Black for a reason

It looks like a black version of Mr. Funnel which is red. I've been using one for some time and they do filter water. I've forgotten the micron rating but it is mighty small.

They said that the black is impregnated carbon which makes it conductive so as to be safer for aircraft, etc.

Thanks for the helpful replies!

I have one and love it. Its especially useful for flushing the tanks before first flight to get out any debris that may have found its way into the fuel supply system during the build.

I had a "Mr. .Funnel" back in my ultralight days that looked identical. I liked it. Capble of a pretty good flow rate and it did catch water (put some in the funnel once or twice to check).

erich

Mr. Funnel

I have one ( a Mr. Funnel) , and it was great when transferring fuel for the fuel testing and W&B etc. It will catch water, since it has a fine filter, and a sump area that catches the water.

Only down side I found, is that there is always some waste. There's a couple of ounces that get trapped in the sump area, but I just dump it in my lawn mower or snow blower tank if it looks clean.

By the way, the Mr. Funnel I have is also black, with antistatic feature.

Back