What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

low voltage light

Build9A

Well Known Member
Van's has a low voltage warning light for $73. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative? Maybe with pictures of the installation and connections. Thanks

Wow, if you haven't

The best money you'll spend anywhere is to go get the "Connection", its a book all about wiring, etc. Covers just what you need. From - www.aeroelectric.com.

Also if you look around the site, you'll probably find what you need as well without buying the book. Bob has a separate module, or it's built into the B&C voltage regulators. Schematics, etc are included in the book and on Bob's site for free.... Look for the appendix Z document.

Alan

thanks

Haven't visited aeroelectric in awhile. They have a description of a cheap alternative that you make yourself out of an LED bulb. thanks.

Which Regulator?

Which regulator are you using? I believe the B&C regulator that a lot of people use already has the low voltage function built in to the unit.

Andy

Internal Regulated ND alternator has LOW volt light

If you are using a NipponDenso alternator with internal regulation it has a low volt / no charge light incorporated. Many don't wire it in, but I suggest it is a good thing to do. George

low/high voltage warning

If it's in your budget, the Monroy ATD-300 Traffic Monitor has both over and undervoltage voice alarms.

I highly recommend these traffic monitors for their intended function, and the voltage alarms are a bonus.

Vern Little
9A 9.9hrs

Garmin has it

If you have a Garmin 295 or 296 and probably others, if they are running on ship's power, they will warn you when the voltage drops. I found out the hard way not to ignor that message!
h

Back