What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF guys in British Virgin Islands..........

turbo

Well Known Member
VAF BASH in British Virgin Islands JAN 2011..........

What's next best to flying an RV? Well going to the BVI, diving, boating, drinking PAIN KILLERS,talking RVs, looking at blue water, sunsets, etc with Paul [ I think this guy has got a pair of gills ] and Victoria (with Pusser's on Marina Cay in the background). We are here and wishing you all could enjoy this with us too. This is bucket list stuff. Met a new RV-8 owner here from sandwich IL area. Will be chatting it up with Dan, Paul and me tonight. I'm sure he will post in later. Off to the beach.
img0367fc.jpg

img0369n.jpg

img8558.jpg

Turbo & Rosie.:cool

From Rosie: It's been GREAT FUN hanging with Turbo and Kim! Unfortunately, it's back to the real world, at work, on Wednesday (3/31/2010)

Last edited:
Hi Ed, can you let me know if you find any BVs there. There are not many left in Blighty. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I am very jealous. There is a forecast for some snow here in Germany later this week.

we miss our RVs .........

but will take the sunshine. will be with paul and the gang at the mine shaft for the final toast and RV talk for sure. google southern gables virgin gorda for pauls villa rental. turbo:D

we spent our........

last evening together with paul and the gang at the mine shaft cafe. we helped the owner mix up a 'cave in' drink which means you don the miners helmet and help out with the fun. the formula is unknown and you get the stuff from a ceiling high bucket attached to a pulley.

after dinner we drove the the mine shaft ruins and took the pic overlooking the ruins. sad to see them leave this morning.:( back to CA for them. turbo
img0392l.jpg

img0397s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, what a place. Just got my build partners back from Florida last week and they're off to BVI in two weeks. How are we going to finish up the 10 for a spring first flight? You guy's advertising the fun won't help me talk them out of going.
Ron

BVI is likely my favorite spot...

...in the whole world. I am so-o-o-o-o envious. The first trip Kris and I took to BVI, I said, "This may be as close to heaven as I ever get."
Due to a) eye-watering private school tuition pmts, and b) eyewatering costs for "airplane building parts" (as she says), we haven't been there in over 4 years now.
Thanks for sharing the pics and the good times!

Ed,

You are just having way too much fun! You're going to have to show me around Florida during Sun 'N Fun week!

last evening together with paul and the gang at the mine shaft cafe. we helped the owner mix up a 'cave in' drink which means you don the miners helmet and help out with the fun. the formula is unknown and you get the stuff from a ceiling high bucket attached to a pulley.

after dinner we drove the the mine shaft ruins and took the pic overlooking the ruins. sad to see them leave this morning.:( back to CA for them. turbo
img0392l.jpg

img0397s.jpg

thanks for the posts.

p2270123.jpg
wish you all could be here. looking at the back side of the crawl. :D

That looks like the Willie T...

What happens on (or in the water around) the Willie T stays on the Willie T.

Edit: That's definitely not the Willie T. Looks like Marina Cay?

The rule about the Willie T stands, though.

Last edited:
Marina Cay

My Wife and I went to BVI for our Honeymoon ....sigggghhhhh..... beautiful place. Maybe some day fly down there in the -7A.

Yup, Marina Cay - I see the "British Phone Booth" to the left on the 2nd picture. It is (or was) a web enabled photo taking doo-dad.

Was the "Palm tree in the sand with rocks" taken at The Baths? Another fascinating place to checkout.

the pic ............

Was the "Palm tree in the sand with rocks" taken at The Baths? Another fascinating place to checkout.

was behind the crawl which is 2 beaches down from the baths. it is in the post. do you think we could get a group down here next january????????? thinking of try to organize something. turbo:D this pic is the BATHS.

img0421q.jpg

Back