What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gyro Horizon Problems

Jermechanic

Well Known Member
I am having occasional issues with my Edo Aire vacuum gyro. On a few flights it has not stabilized- looks like its doing the hula dance:(. Any one have any tips- vacuum gauge shows regular vacuum- haven't checked vacuum at the gauge or the filter yet. I didn't build our RV6 so instrument plumbing is new to me. I am thinking I may have to send it in for service or find a replacement. Any one know of one for sale or advice? Any recommendations for instrument service shops. Is it possible to cap off the vacuum line and fly with the gauge removed?

Thanks in advance
Jeremy

I once tried two different AHs in a -7. Neither performed satisfactorily but were o.k. in Cessna-like environments and checked o.k. on the bench. It was the vibration of an RV panel that drove them nuts and I would bet, in your case, your AH is being murdered.

I installed a D-10A and never looked back. And you won't be faced with frequent $1,000 overhauls, vacuum issues, tumbling, etc.

John Siebold

Back