What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Keystone (42J)

Paul Thomas

Well Known Member
I spend some time there yesterday and met Bob Oehl of Wings of Dreams. He has the Collins Foundation B25 stored in a hangar (they are operating it until the Collins foundation puts it back on tour, which is when the economy picks back up).

I let me climb all over the aircraft, from the nose bomber/gunner position to the tail, passing through the cockpit.

Those looking for a Christmas present, I'd ask Santa for an hour of instruction.

If you have some time, I recommend you stop by.

Captain Bob
IMG_2381.jpg

Front Office
IMG_2383.jpg

Guess what level you want to bump as you pass between the seats? The gear :eek: The scary part is that it's always life, so if you hit it as you get into the pilot seat, the airplane will fold its legs.
IMG_2384.jpg

From the cockpit, looking backward at my little brother. If he looks down, he's look at the stairs we used to come up from under the belly.
IMG_2385.jpg

A flight engineer would have been needed, since these are between the cockpit and the seats in the back.
IMG_2386.jpg

It was easier to get to the right seat, so that's where I went :D
IMG_2387.jpg

The other front office. The tunnel use to get there is made for short skinny guys.
IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

A couple more shots.
IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

It sure beats the view I "enjoyed" once I left.
IMG_2415.jpg

Wing of Dreams is going to build a couple new building/hangars for their museum. They added a classroom to the hangar to teach journalist. When he told me about that, I was initially happy. If journalist know about aviation, they'll write about it in a positive manner. I ended sad, shocked, disappointed, ... it's to teach them about WWII because the younger ones barely know it happened.

To end this on a positive note, Bob has more great stories to tell that you'll have time to listen.

Back