What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

? WW 200RV Props?

hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
Has anyone had enough experience yet with the new WW 200RV prop to report any performance differences?

Has anyone had enough experience yet with the new WW 200RV prop to report any performance differences?

Can you be more specific? I have 720 hours on my "new" 200RV prop. When you talk of "performance differences" what are you comparing it to? I just checked the Whirlwind web site and they still call the 200RV the "new 200RV". As far as I know, its still the same great prop that I bought four years ago. Its smooth and quiet and fast. What more would you want?

I have never flown behind anything but the 200RV on my -8 so I can't tell you the difference. Randy Lervold did testing of various props:

http://www.romeolima.com/RV8/Prop.htm

I CAN tell you my prop is very smooth and the airplane performs very well. It will outclimb and has higher cruise speed than 2 friends of mine with -6's, the same engine , 8.5:1 cr (although one of the -6 engines has higher compression ratio - either 9:1 or 9.5:1 - can't remember), and swinging Hartzell props (non blended airfoil). Randy's data suggests the Hartzell and 200RV have similar top speed and cruise speed, but my airplane is definitely faster, so it could be other things such as flying weight and rigging. There is another local -6 that is set up for racing, and he will pull away from me, but at a relatively slow rate, however at the time of the test not all of my fairings were completed. This is obviously an anecdotal narration and not scientific. But I will say the 200RV is an outstanding prop. And it is lighter and smoother than the Hartzell. YMMV

Back