What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plane Rental in Sedona, AZ area

macrafic

Well Known Member
My wife and I are vacationing in the Sedona area in January and would like to rent a Cessna or Piper SEL for a day to fly the northern part of Arizona. We have done this in Las Vegas and in Hawaii and it has become a part of each of our vacations that we anticipate (we are both pilots).

Can anybody in that area of our great country make any recommendations?

If you can't find anything in Sedona, call Prescott, Flagstaff, or Deer Valley and see if there is anything there.

What kind of checkout do they usually require before letting you fly off with one of their planes?
I know my son-in-law did this in Alaska in July and they required him to have an instructor pilot in the right seat. It was still a very good deal and was cheaper than the usual tourist sight seeing flights.

My wife and I are vacationing in the Sedona area in January and would like to rent a Cessna or Piper SEL for a day to fly the northern part of Arizona. We have done this in Las Vegas and in Hawaii and it has become a part of each of our vacations that we anticipate (we are both pilots).

Can anybody in that area of our great country make any recommendations?

You are unlikely to find rental aircraft at the Sedona Airport (although its certainly worth visiting). However, Cottonwood (P52) is about 15 nm SW, and they used to have a few Cessnas for rental. I have not been to P52 in several years, but you should call the FBO (According to Airnav, that would be Aerobear 928-634-5517), and see what they have to say.

The old mining town of Jerome is also nearby and worth a visit.

Blake (former AZ resident)

I stopped in at the SEZ terminal building yesterday to ask if anyone rents. No go. They said to try Wiseman Aviation at Flagstaff (FLG).

Wiseman Aviation-

They said to try Wiseman Aviation at Flagstaff (FLG).
And ask for Fred Gibbs, Lead instructor and great guy. Local knowledge of Mountain flying and local airports.- Tell him one of the local slugs sent you....he he he

Last edited:
Back