What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Idaho activity?

JordanGrant

Well Known Member
Fellas,
Not a lot of activity on VAF about goings-on in Idaho aviation - but I KNOW a lot goes on around here. Does anybody know of a more active community online for flying around Idaho? My wife and I would like to participate in the local fly-ins, etc, but I never seem to know when and where they are!

NW stuff to do

Hi, I used the EAA SportAviation magazine section on fly-ins. There were more than I had time to go to this summer. I think it is in the Calendar of events. I keep a PIC of that F-16 were the pilot is ejecting a moment before the plane goes in at an airshow at MTN. Home, really an amazingly cool picture. Gene

Fly in in Coeur d'Alene this weekend

The 1st annual Fall Fly in, Saturday September 12, 2009
Poker Run at 9:30 am to 12:15 pm
Barbecue at 1PM
Information 208-640-8283 or 208-683-3025
Raffle
prizes for peoples choice and longest distance travelled to to fly in.

The poker run is $10 entry fee, dealers at 4 other airports in the area and KCOE. The big prize is $200 worth of AVgas.

Jordan
Idaho Aviation Association seems to have quite abit going on as do the Top fun flyers out of Nampa. EAA has a Nampa chapter that would be less than an hour driving on the interstate from MTN Home... or fly and take 10 minutes or ? depending on what you are flying.

Flyidaho.org and topfunflyers.com

best
Stan in Caldwell

I think there are a ton of RV'ers out at Caldwell...I'm out at my hangar several times a week and I can see 2 or 3 RVs getting ready to fly every time out there. Not too many people ever stop by and say howdy, though!

If you're ever around, drop by hangar Q4 and say hi...close to the cafe. :D

Back