What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Back riveting Plate...Anyone

Ok, I got the Garage squared away, bunch of tools came in the mail and the Fedex man showed up yesterday with the EMP kit. After the inventory and weeding through the printed material I am now ready to start! I was wondering if anyone in town has or could spare, sell a back riveting plate? Anyhelp would be greatful.

you don't need an "official" tool vendor ground smooth plate - just a smooth piece of steel plate of almost any size and shape - I got a piece for 3/16" (I think) steel plate from a metal supply company for a few bucks that works fine.
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada,
RV-6A

Another option....

The top of a Table Saw (if you have one) works great. Just be careful not to rivet where the slot for the cross cut guide fits.

Ok, I got the Garage squared away, bunch of tools came in the mail and the Fedex man showed up yesterday with the EMP kit. After the inventory and weeding through the printed material I am now ready to start! I was wondering if anyone in town has or could spare, sell a back riveting plate? Anyhelp would be greatful.

Email Sent...

-d-

Hey Clint..... There are not too many times you need it.. You are welcome to come borrow mine any time!!

Back