What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

vans order processing

pat

Well Known Member
I ordered my QB kit Nov 28 and have yet to revc even an acknowledgment of payment or order from vans. I called and they confirmed my order but what gives? Anyone else experience delays like this? On a positive note I did recv my fastback kit today and all looks great! Cant wait to continue the progress!
pat

I don't know about anyone else, but the two times I've ordered stuff from Van's I never hear from them until I get the package. When I ordered my empennage I called to make sure they got the fax, and she told me when it would ship but I never got an email or anything.

Apparently they don't believe in keeping their customers in the loop through any effort on their end. I'd recommend calling them to figure out when they are suppose to ship and then after that date to confirm it was shipped. If it's just a package you can ask for the tracking number, not sure how the QB freighting works. :)

Pat, I ordered my finish kit on 11/7 and got the letter on 12/5.. (they're shipping it on time -- 1/16).... it was longer than usual. I'm assuming they're swamped with orders as folks are trying to get 2005 prices.

Van's does seem to send essential information only. I ordered my QB kit around the first of Nov, and they told me that they had some coming in Dec, and that I could get one of those. I also ordered a finishing kit shortly afterwards. A week or so ago, I received the rest of the bill, and notice that it would all ship around Jan 16th.

My guess would be that if you didn't get a shipping notice in the last week or so, you may be waiting for the next shipment of QB kits, which wouldn't be due for at least a couple months. I think I just got really lucky on the timing of my order :)

I received a letter after I ordered wings and fuse. When I ordered my emp kit, I got a letter accompanied by the emp kit, even better!

Rat

nothing unusual I guess

Looks like what im experiencing is par for the course. Im having Tony Partain deliver. On such a major purchase a little more communication would be nice. thanks for the replies.
pat

Pat-

I agree. I too had the same type experience. But do yourself a favor and just sit back and be patient. I got so up in arms over the delivery of my kit I was frazzled. When it comes it will be a very good day for you. Everything there after like missing parts, exchanged parts etc will be handled promptly and fair. All in all I think Vans has wonderful job keeping me happy. :)

Same Experience Here

With my recent empennage order, I too received no word. The day after I faxed my order there was a charge on my credit card. After 5 days, and still no word I became worried... was it actually Vans that charged my credit card? (yes, the charge said Van's, but you never know these days!) So, like many others I'm sure, I contacted them, and they confirmed. I received my letter a few days later.

Van's seems to be big on only contacting them with legit questions/concerns due to their call/email volume. I think if they would send a simple standard email letting the customer know the order was received, they could eliminate a good portion of those calls/emails.

SB fuselage

van's sent me a letter with estimated ship date (Feb 06) about 2 weeks after ordering my -8A fus. this was about 3 weeks ago. no worries.

FlyerJumper said:
With my recent empennage order, I too received no word. The day after I faxed my order there was a charge on my credit card. After 5 days, and still no word I became worried... was it actually Vans that charged my credit card? (yes, the charge said Van's, but you never know these days!) So, like many others I'm sure, I contacted them, and they confirmed. I received my letter a few days later.

Van's seems to be big on only contacting them with legit questions/concerns due to their call/email volume. I think if they would send a simple standard email letting the customer know the order was received, they could eliminate a good portion of those calls/emails.

SOP for me is to fax in the order form, give them a couple of hours, and then just call to confirm that they got it. I will say this about Vans: sometimes, they take FOREVER to get something boxed up and shipped out, but it's always arrived when they say it's going to arrive, and it's always right.....so far :D

Barbara at Vans told me to write "please e-mail confirmation" at the bottom of the order form. Has worked for me so far.

Back