What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Post prop strike inspection

N941WR

Legacy Member
Tuesday morning I dropped my P-mags off at the Post Office so they could be returned to E-mag Ignitions. Brad wanted to see them after my prop strike. They had only inspected one other ignition that had been through a sudden stoppage and they wanted to open these two up and see if either one of them had suffered any damage.

This morning (Thursday) I received a UPS notification informing me they were on the way back. What great service!

Upon receiving that email I called Brad to ask him what they found, if anything. The sum total of the damage was zero, nada, nothing. They are three for three in finding nothing wrong with their ignitions after a sudden stoppage.

Brad said this was expected as there is very little mass in the P-mags, thus a sudden stoppage should not hurt them. However, if any of you experience such a thing, and I hope you don't, send them back in for inspection. The price is right; just include a check for shipping.

Not quite the case with LASAR Mags...

I had a prop strike in February, and learned from Mattituck during the post-strike teardown that the inspection cost alone for a pair of LASAR mags is $3000. Yes, that's $3k, assuming nothing is wrong.

Rather than pay that ridiculous price to keep a dying product line afloat, I had the LASAR system removed and replaced it with a pair of PMags - all for less money.

Back