What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for an airpark or hangar near Indy

rleffler

Well Known Member
I am looking at a potential job opportunity in Indy on the NW side of town (73rd & 465) My preference would be to find an airpark that isn't too long of a commute. Plan B would be to get a hanger.

I'm not familiar with the Indianapolis area and am just starting to look at which areas to live that are both close to an airport and work.

Any suggestions on where to start looking would be appreciated.

thanks,

bob

airparks

Go to skyvector and look at sectionals, they will show you all the airports ,with that info you can start you search.

Welcome to Hooiser Land

Bob, I live in Southern Indiana so not for sure about Indy but think there are serveal RV?s at Hendricks field 2R2. I know of one nice airpark in Martinsville. We fly up to Greencastle 4I7 a lot for breakfast always lots of RV?s there from Indy. I live in Jasper, IN and my RV7A at Washington, IN KDCY so if can help in any way email me. We have a new courtesy car at DCY so you can run to town and try great Amish food.
Don?Squeak?Schnarr
[email protected]

Martinsville IN Property

Bob,

I have a lot for sale (3.2 ac) on Twelve Oaks (II87). We have owed it for 5 years now but with the economy and job situation our dream of building on II87 has come to an end. Plans change and we must part with it. You can see some pics at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/glickeaav8r/12OaksAeroParkMartinsvilleIndiana#

Give me a call if your interested. I can hook you up with a local owner who has been there for 5 years.

262-707-5980

As far as airparks the above is one of the few in the Indy area. Would be about a 45 min drive or so to your work.

The majority of RV's are based at 2R2 Hendricks county on the west side.

Eagle Creek EYE has several RV's and is a very nice airport and central location.

TYQ Indy Exec on the northside is also nice but hangars are a little more expensive but does have GA friendly Mx on field.

Metro UMP on the NE side is a congested side of town auto traffic wise but nice. I believe hangars are currently available, also has a Mx shop on field.

All the above airports have newer hangars and are very nice. Expect prices in the $325/month range. You will have to contact the Indianpolis Airport Authority for hangars at 2R2, EYE, UMP. For others contact the respective airport.

As for houses. I would start by looking at Zionsville, Brownsburg, Carmel.

Back