What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell colors

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
This is a silly question but here goes, Has anyone ever gotten a prop from hartzell in any other color than gray and white?(I am talking about metal props) I know it is not a big deal to paint it later, but when I called Hartzell they told me to ask Van's. Van's said write my request on the order form and they would see what they could do. Sooooo has anyone ever gotten say black with yellow tips before?
Thanks guys all the best for everyones holidays :D

Bumble Bee

Black and Yellow, cool especially if you have yellow in the planes paint scheme, send pictures.

Just for ideas check this site. Prop shop in No Cal who do custom finishes

http://www.americanpropeller.com/DESIGNERsamples.htm

Select the different aircraft models for some ideas, black and yellow sounds cool. You could come up with more than just tip stripes if you wanted to. G

P.S., Not sure how American Props paints props, if it is clear coated, but performance can be affected by paint ridges along trim lines, and decals can affect efficiency as well. I know the guys who race at Reno take decals off and and polish their props smooooth. So for all you guys with paint chips sand that out and repaint.

Last edited:
I've seen one that came from the factory just alodined. Granted this was a few years ago, but it went on a Bonanza, so it was even a cert'ed prop. I'd imagine if Van's is willing to pass along your request, Hartzell would do their best to paint it like you want.

Back