What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canadian graphical AIRMET/SIGMETs/flight restrictions?

kevinh

Well Known Member
Hi ya'll,

I'm flying up to Vernon BC on Sat. Do ya'll know of a website that nicely shows the Canadian equivalents of NOTAMS/TAFs/METARs? Word is there are forest fires in the vincenity of Vernon and I want to check that the visibility is acceptable.

I'll also call navcanada, but I wanted to find a nice graphical website with the info as well.

Vernon viz

Kevin,
the Okanagan valley is NOT good VFR right now, but things change every time the wind veers. ....currently t-showers around the area.
If you make it, you are welcome to tie-down in my spot right beside the pumps. ( it's reserved for me, but the lease is in a state of confusion, so it sits empty most of the time).
Lots of airborne ash, so you'll want to check filters etc.

current NOTAM

090736 CZVR VANCOUVER FIR
CZVR PURSUANT TO CAR 601.14 TO 601.16 FOREST FIRE 5 NM RADIUS
500817N 1194405W (APRX 17 NM WNW KELOWNA AD) SFC TO 11000 FT MSL.
FIRE CTL OPS IN PROGRESS. EXC WHERE OPR UNDER CAR 601.17, ALL ACFT
TO REMAIN CLR HJ
TIL 0907291900

good luck, sorry I can't be of more help.
try RV-7a builder John Swallow, as he lives just off the field.
250-260-1836

P.S. can you bring back our Martin mars air tanker?

Last edited:
Did You make the trip?

Kevin:

Did you make the trip up here? Some very nasty weather came through Friday night and Saturday afternoon, much more violent than any forecast that I saw. If you came through this way I hope that you had a good journey without any undue or unwanted excitement.

Bob Parry

Gotta admit, Kevin knows how to live!

Looks like he made it. I received this in my email tonight and thought that I'd take the liberty to post it here. Nice life to fly your RV off to a destination like this one in British Columbia to fly your paraglider, don't you think? Kevin has planted this bug in my ear and it is just eating away at me. Eventually I'm going to have to try this. :) (This looks like the area around Calistoga in Nor Cal? Kevin?)
paraglider.gif

Back