What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taildragger Training near Los Angeles

AirbusPilot

Well Known Member
Hi,

My RV-8 is going to be ready to fly in about 2 month (now is in the paint shop). So I need to fly in a Taildragger, I have flown a C-180 for 15 hours but that was 10 years ago. I live in Chile and here is no RV Taildraggers, so I should get my Training in some other type of TD. But fortunately I must travel to LA next month and I will be very happy to get some training in a RV-6 or 7 so anyone knows someone who could rent and teach me to fly a Taildragger RV.near Los Angeles???

Thanks folks and waiting your advices

TAILDRAGGER

Pitts and Decathalon at CP Aviation at Santa Paula. Also an operation at John Wayne that has Pitts and maybe Decathalon. I think theres a Luscombe at Chino. SAnta Paula is Northwest of LA, Chino east and John Wayne south.

SUNRISE AVIATION

Sunrise in a recent ad lists Piper J3, Citabria, Decathalon, Pitts S2B and Extra 300.

CP Aviation

I got a couple hours in a Decathlon at CP. I think they have a good program there. I was real impressed with the thoroughness of the instructor. Beautiful location to fly as well. Great little airport with a lot of unique aircraft. Even when I am traveling via auto through the area - it is my "stop and stretch the legs" spot. :)

Here's a link: http://www.cpaviation.com/

DJ

Thanks folks for the advices!!! But anyone knows someone with a taildragger RV that could give me some instruction near LA. I want to feel a real RV taildragger

Back