What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Forward

Adam

Well Known Member
What do you guys think of Van's firewall forward kits,,, and do you think it worth it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Adam

I purchased the firewall forward kit for my 6A and am glad I did. Not being an "engine guru", it has been helpfull having all the parts on hand and ready to install. So far, I have been very impressed with the baffle kit. I have had to trim very few of the parts to make them fit and all the predrilled holes match up with their corresponding holes in the engine.

Regards,

FWF kit

I purchased the FWF kit as well. Seems pricey, and I deleted the wiring kit because I knew it wouldn't be right for my airplane. Instead I bought wiring stuff from B&C and Steinair.

It saves time, and time is important, especially when it's all coming together fast.

Firewall forward kit

I bought the FWF kit from Vans. Being a complete novice it was very helpful and my tech help was difficult to arrange. The drawings were very straight forward and some of the easiest to follow in the project. The baffle plans are a little baffling, but that will be the case whether you get the FWF kit or not. The FWF Kit helped make the FWF portion of the project very satisfying for me. If you have experience or an experienced tech counselor you can probably save some $$ by doing it yourself. I am a happy novice FWF kit purchaser. Jack RV9A almost ready for DAR.

I liked it a lot. Helped prevent reinventing the wheel and I had everything there. I picked up the FWF, Finishing Kit, and my QB wings and fuselage all at once to save time.

Back