What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Townsend, MT 4th of july

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
Townsend (8U8) has it's Festival of Flight on the 4th of July. We had almost 100 planes and fed over 250 people last year....whew! This year we have an economic stimulus of our own....100LL special $3.00/gal.

I'll even buy breakfast for the Long Distance RV'r....find me if you think you're the one, I'll be cooking.

here's some pics from last year
av08015.jpg

av08016.jpg

airplanes018-1.jpg

LWT WX

the forcast for your area doesn't look to good.

Doesn't look too bad to me:

Independence Day
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 75 to 85...70 to 75 in the mountains. East winds up to 10 mph.

I am in Atlanta so I won't make it, but the 8U8 folk do a great job hosting.

Hans

Last edited:
8U8, not LWT

some showers earlier, but lots of planes flying today and it's Montana....you might get anything from snow to 100* in July.

We're expecting to feed 200-250. 80 planes and 50+young eagles

Sorry you won't make Hans.

RE:Another Miss.......

Brian

It seems that every party I thought I could make in my RV has been postponed by ME ....... a real slower builder. Maybe next year........:eek:

Montana is beautiful anytime of year. Have a great day COOKING!!!!!:D

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Airworthy waiting on the insurance.

Last edited:
Well another very successful small town fly-in, a couple hundred people, 60++airplanes. The weather was perfect, ok the T storms held off until about an hour ago, but should be nice again for fireworks later.

We had 2 unpainted -6a's and 1 RV-8
aviation09057.jpg

2 Rockets, here's one
aviation09046.jpg

Floatplanes, biplanes
aviation09070.jpg

and plenty of hungry folks
aviation09071.jpg

warbirds
aviation09058.jpg

New LSA's
aviation09031.jpg

taildraggers
aviation09041.jpg

This Rocket had beautiful paint honoring our service members
aviation09045.jpg

Bump for 2010

Bumping this thread, as once again Townsend will celebrate the 4th with Fly-in. Breakfast will be served and fun will be had by all.

Hope to see some old and new RV's.

just a bump

Calling all you local pilots and even the travelers.

Weather looks good for tomorrows Fly-in.

Another great Fly-in for Central Montana. The beautiful weather brought out almost 280 people(pilots and townies), 54 different airplanes. We served 250 breakfasts, 300+cups of coffee, flew 60+Young Eagles.

Sorry didn't get any good pics, as I was on Grill Duty. Did manage to meet some new RV'rs. Hans & Max RV-6A from Bozeman and John & Spouse(sorry forgot your name) RV-12 builders/flyers from Great Falls. Also had a RV-8, RV-9a and 2 Rockets stop by.

Back