What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where's the vent?

RatMan

Well Known Member
Is the right wing NACA vent included with the fuse or have I lost it? My wife helped with the wing inventory and she can't remember seeing it either.

Rat

Rat,

It's not included in the wing kit. You have to get it from Van's with the SV-1 or SV-2 packages. They include the NACA inlets, tubing, and cockpit vents. You'll find it in the Accessories Catalog. I was out of tank sealant when I installed my inlet, so I used JB Weld to bond it to the skin. It worked great.

Thanks Craig, you knew just what I wanted to do. I'm building the tank and thought, since I already have the sealant mixed....

Oh well, another order from Vans I guess.

Rat

Rat,
Check with Van's on the vent kits. I just inventoried my fuse kit and the vents were included. Two inlets and enough hose for both. It also included two eyeball vents.

Thanks Harleyl!

Fuse is on the way so I had better check b4 I order again.

I noticed you are in LA, where 'bouts?

Rat

Oh, nice area. I'm north of Gulfport about 12 miles. Sounds like your just ahead of me in building. I'd love to see your project, maybe we could hook up some time.

Rat

harleyl said:
Rat,
Check with Van's on the vent kits. I just inventoried my fuse kit and the vents were included. Two inlets and enough hose for both. It also included two eyeball vents.

Harley, Is one the inlet for the right wing on the -8? I wonder why they wouldn't just include it with the wings since you need it in order to finish the wing?? Did the fuse come with the clamps for the hoses as well?

bmurrish,
I'm assuming that one inlet is for the right wing. I do believe there were clamps in the kit, but I will double check tomorrow.

Pat

Bmurrish and Ratman,

Included in my fuse kit was the SV combo kit. It contained:
2 SV-1 remote vents
2 SV-2 adaptors
1 Vent hose 2" X 6'
2 SV-5 whisper-flo vents

Sorry no clamps, but clamps are cheap. Ratman, it sounds like
you live somewhere around Wiggins. Sorry to hear about those two
police officers,that was a terrible thing.

Pat

Just south of Wiggins, actually closer to Gulfport. 9 miles north of I-10.

It was a shock to all when we heard about the two policemen. They haven't had but one other ever killed in the line of duty and that was in the 60's. Can't be more than about 4,500 people that live up there.

Thanks for the update on the vents. Wish they would send out a complete list of what comes in each sub-kit with the preview plans. Would also be good if they could include the wheels and axles with the fuse too.

Rat

Back