What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevation Chop House - KRRY - Kennesaw, GA

Jamie

Well Known Member
A while back a restaurant opened at a nearby airfield that people have said was pretty good. I had promised my wife that we would drop our son off at Grandma's house and swing by KRYY to check out Elevation Chop House. We finally got a weekend where all the stars aligned so we launched.

There are noise abatement procedures in effect at the field for residential areas to the west and northwest of the field. Approaching the field you can see that there is no way to avoid flying over residential areas if you are approaching from that direction. You also notice the ridiculous nature of people buying houses 0.25 miles from a runway then complaining about the noise.

Just tell the tower you're going to the restaurant. There is an FBO that is adjacent to the restaurant and they will have a lineman out there to marshall you in. I didn't see him or he was too slow and I had to fire back up and move because I parked in a flight school's spot.

The restaurant is quite nice. It is not your typical airport restaurant with burgers, fries, phillies, etc. This is quite a nice place. Most menu items are $15-$25. I had the Montreal Steak which was quite good. I thought it may have been a tad overcooked for medium well, but anyway...it was still quite good and I had no complaints. My wife was also very pleased with her dinner. Food presentation was good all around and service was excellent and prompt.

I would HIGHLY recommend this place for an evening out with your significant other. If you are a bachelor, this would be the ULTIMATE place to take a lady on a first date to make sure she...as my buddy Kahuna puts it...."passes the flying test".

The second floor of the restaurant is called the "sky bar". If you have a "designated pilot" it would interesting to check out. They had live music up there and it seemed to be an interesting atmosphere.

My wife and I certainly will be back.

fly in for breakfast

We have flown into RYY to have breakfast at Elevation Chop House (they open at 11am). Their eggs benedict are wonderful. Restaurant.com offers discounts there as well.

Back