What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Texas Camping Question...

danielhv

Well Known Member
Im looking to spend a day or two camping around the plane... But Im looking for a change of scenery. I want mountains and stars. I want the secluded feeling... like im in the middle of no where and nobody is near. Ive seen some posts here about Big Bend. Is that about the best place to go? Any other suggestions? Do I need to contact anyone for any kind of arrangements or just show up out there? I assume I'd have to bring my own water, food, firewood, etc? I'd love to do some hiking, horseback riding, etc.

-Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Big Bend Ranch State Park----I think it is 3TE3. Lots of camping spots but most are a little ways away from the paved strip. Seclusion, incredible stellar sights at night, hiking, and wildlife. You need to contact them to get info on camping sights near the landing strip. Also do a search on BBRSP on this sight and you will get a lot of info to include trip reports and pictures. Larry Pardue did an excellent write up with pics of a fly in we had at BBRSP back in 2007.

Also Chase Snodgrass, who monitors this site (RV10 builder and US Border Patrol agent), has a wealth of info on this area. He may know of other fly in camp sites for you. He has a web site called flybigbend.com.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

db

What Dave said - search for BBRSP. I spent a long time lookign for a secluded fly-in campling spot in Texas, and settled on BBRSP as the ultimate!

Paul

Back