What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No kidding weight differences? Carb/FI

wickedsprint

Well Known Member
So it seems there are a zillion different configuration weights on the 320/360 series, some showing as little as 10lbs diff between a 360 and a 320. However, some of them show up to a 30lb penalty of an injected engine over a carbed engine, and I was curious if this was legitimate, or if the finished all up weights end up being about the same. I can understand the desire for FI, but definitely not if it is in fact 30lbs heavier.

You have to be careful about the models and their configuration, you are comapring. The IO-360 that weighs 30 lbs more has a counterweighted crankshaft as compared to the carb'd engine that doesn't.
The weight difference between like engine models, where the engine is the same except one is fuel injected and the other is Carb?d is only a couple of pounds.
Good information here:
http://www.mattituck.com/tmxfaq.htm
Good Luck,
Mahlon
?The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Back